The Government Treasuries remained shut for the fifth consecutive day on Friday as the employees of Jammu Kashmir Accounts and Finance Department are on strike.
The JK Accounts employees Association on Friday decided that they will intensify their protests if their ‘genuine’ demands were not met.
The members while speaking to The Kashmiriyat expressed dismay over the lacklustre attitude of the authorities towards addressing their demands which are pending there for quite a long time.
The prominent demands of the fraternity are as under:
1. De-linking of KAS from Accounts Service.
2. Maintenance of 50:50 promotion quota at all levels
3. Restoration of pay parity with Indian Audit & Accounts Service.
4. Career Assured Progress Scheme for accounts Personnel.
5. Cadre Review.
6. Increasing the quota of selection scale to WOW: & reducing the qualifying service to 03 years in favour of Accounts officers (Rank & file)
7. Advance increment for qualifying SAC~l & SAC ll.
8. Relaxation of qualification bar in respect of the compassionate appointees under SRO 43.
9. Amendments in SRO 78 Dated; 09/ 03/ 2016.
The employees led by Tariq Ahmad Wani Deputy President, Shahid Mustafa Wani Vice President asked for the immediate attention of the authorities to address their demands at an earliest.
Speaking to The Kashmiriyat they said that they do not want common people to suffer, so their demands should be met at the earliest.