Sunday, 25 February 2018 | Login
1 Army Man Killed, 4 Injured in Shopian Encounter - Saturday, 12 August 2017 16:16
3 Feet Militant Responsible for Tral Killing - Sunday, 22 October 2017 08:19
60 Students Fuelled the Students Uprising on 2017, Says NIA - Thursday, 28 September 2017 06:29
9000 Injured after the Killing of Burhan Wani - Friday, 12 January 2018 10:29
A Hindu can never be a Terrorist - Thursday, 22 June 2017 11:26
Abu Dujana had become a nuisance for Girls - Tuesday, 01 August 2017 08:00
Adil was never associated to Hizb - Wednesday, 20 September 2017 13:34
Al Qaeda in Kashmir is only a conspiracy - Thursday, 27 July 2017 13:49
All Militants will be killed before this winter - Wednesday, 31 May 2017 03:29
Amarnath Attack case Solved - Sunday, 06 August 2017 10:41

Hundreds Attend Funeral of Tral's son, father killed in Jammu attack

February 13

The Dead body of  31 year old Lance Naik of Indian army and his civilian father from Tral area of South Kashmir's Pulwama, who were among the other army personnel killed in a militant attack on army camp in Jammu division reached home on Tuesday afternoon where hundreds of people participated in their last rites.

Pertinently an army man identified as Lance Naik Mohammad Iqbal Sheikh and his father Gh Mohidin Sheikh, residents of Reshipora Nigeenpora in Tral were  killed in the attack at Sunjuwan military station in Jammu region.

Belonged to Ist-JAK LI of Indian army, deceased Iqbal is survived by mother, wife, son, three sisters and a brother.

He was working in the army from last 12 years and was posted at Jammu Sunjuwan army station from last one year.

The deceased solider was married, 3 years back in 2015. His father, wife and infant son, were along with him now a days to spend winters there, where his father also got killed when this attack took place while as son and wife miraculously survived the attack.

Soon after the news about the death of duo reached to their native village, whole area started mourning while as women folk were seen wailing in the area.

Notably large number of people including relatives of deceased were waiting for deadbodies from last two days as bad weather delayed the air and road traffic system in the region. 

Today their bodies were airlifted to Srinagar and reached to their native village  in afternoon where they were laid to rest.